Getting back to the rootstock, the Centre today moved up filing a fresh affidavit in Rafale review case to the Supreme Court claiming that the SC judgement dated December 14, 2018 upholding 36 Rafale jets deal was correct and accurate.
The Centre further also went on to claim that unsubstantiated media reports or any part internal file notings, that were deliberately projected in a selective manner cannot form basis for review.
The Apex Court had earlier said in the verdict that it would rely on the confidential documents of Defence Ministry printed in The Hindu and hear on his basis. The said petitions have been filed by Yashwant Sinha, Arun Shourie and Prashant Bhushan besides Manohar Lal Sharma, Vineet Dhanda and Saasand Sanjay Singh.
READ:- Weaving a web of lies..! RaGa needs to grow mature before taking unnecessary jibes at Modi
“Disclosure of security related documents to the public is a threat to the existence of the country”, the affidavit read straight adding that the Rafale Deal was tried for reconciliation of the deal through the reconsideration petitions.
“Three articles in the media are of people’s thoughts and not the government’s final decision. These three articles do not express the entire official stance of the government”, it read further.
READ:- Delhi Jal Board is worried about water supply in National capital
The Center said that these are just the views of the officers on whose basis the government can make a decision. “In the sealed note, the government did not give any wrong information to the Supreme Court. The CAG has examined the value of Rafale and said that it is 2.86% less”, it said.
Willing to submit all the required documents related to Rafale, the central government said that whatever the Court demands, the Centre would provide it upfront. The court is set to hear the matter next on May 6.
COURTESY:- NEWS BHRATI