During the 30th Meeting of the GST Council held here today, the proposal of the State of Kerala for imposition of Cess on SGST for rehabilitation and flood affected works was discussed in detail. The Council decided to constitute a 7-Member Group of Ministers (GoM) to examine this issue in depth. Accordingly, the Union Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley, has approved the constitution of a Group of Ministers today (28thSeptember, 2018) to examine the issue regarding ‘Modalities for Revenue Mobilisation in case of Natural Calamities and Disasters’.
Sushil Kumar Modi, Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar is the Convenor of the GoM and the following are its other Members:
- Himanta Biswa Sarma, Finance Minister, Assam;
- T.M. Thomas Isaac, Finance Minister, Kerala;
- Sudhir Mungantiwar, Finance & Excise Minister, Maharashtra;
- Sashi Bhusan Behera, Finance & Excise Minister, Odisha;
- Manpreet Singh Badal, Finance Minister, Punjab;
- Prakash Pant, Finance Minister, Uttarakhand.
The GoM has to submit its report by 31st October, 2018.