Curving another magnificent arch to the relationship of world’s two largest democracies, India and the USA, PM Narendra Modi now, all set to address global institution, United Nations General Assembly’s 74th session.
As per latest reports, PM Narendra Modi arrived at New York on Sunday night to take part in 74th Session of the UN General Assembly after delivering the energetic address in Houston to over 50,000 members of the Indian diaspora along with President Donald Trump.
Welcome PM @narendramodi
— Syed Akbaruddin (@AkbaruddinIndia) September 23, 2019
Modi arrived at J F K International Airport after 10 pm Sunday night and has a packed bilateral and multilateral agenda over the next five days, including nine key speeches at high-level summits and plurilateral engagements during the UN General Assembly session and on its sidelines.
On this event, India’s Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador Syed Akbaruddin has said, “the country’s engagement and outreach at the 74th UN General Assembly will be unprecedented and will result in concrete, tangible, action-oriented outcomes”.
PM Modi’s arrived in New York.
— Nagaraj Naidu IFS (@NagNaidu08) September 23, 2019
While engaging with UNGA, PM Modi will meet a total of over 75 Heads of State and Foreign Ministers, along with, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Minister of State for External Affairs V. Muraleedharan during the week across various platforms.
Here are some important events of PM Modi’s engagement in 74th UNGA session-
- On Monday, PM Modi will address the high-level Climate Action Summit hosted by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres in the UN General Assembly chamber. Modi is among the first set of speakers to address the summit, along with Prime Minister of New Zealand Jacinda Ardern, President of the Marshall Islands Hilda Heine and German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- Over 63 countries have been invited to speak at the Summit, which will demonstrate solutions by governments, the private sector, and civil society to reduce emissions and build climate resilience and adaptation.
- Immediately after this session, Modi will address the first-ever High-level Meeting on Universal Health Coverage, which will launch new efforts to provide access for all to affordable, inclusive and resilient health systems.
- Later in the day, he will address the ‘Leaders’ Dialogue on Strategic Responses to Terrorist and Violent Extremist Narratives’, organized by a group of countries, along with the UN Secretariat, which deals with the Office of Counterterrorism. The meeting is led by King of Jordan Abdullah II, President of France Emmanuel Macron and Ardern.
- On September 24, India will be highlighting a new feature of its approach at the UN through the plurilateral ‘India-Pacific Islands Leaders’ Meeting. India and the Pacific nations have met under the Forum for India-Pacific Islands cooperation (FIPIC), first in Fiji in 2014 and then in Jaipur in 2015. Leaders of Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu will attend this high-level meet.
- Following this, there will be a large number of interactions with CEOs. Later in the afternoon, India will engage with the CARICOM group of countries at the first leaders’ level summit expected to last about two hours.
- Leaders from Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad, and Tobago will attend this summit.
- Mr. Modi will also have several bilateral meetings during his visit and will address the General Debate on September 27. He could have a bilateral meeting with Mr. Trump between September 23 and 25th.
COURTESY:- NEWS BHARATI